Welcome to S-STEM
Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math
Armstrong Atlantic State University offers Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, and Physics Scholarships (S-STEM) to deserving students every year. Funding for these scholarships comes from a grant provided by the National Science Foundation (NSF).
Scholarship InformationThis project aims to change the lives of talented and needy students by giving them the opportunity to pursue their educational dreams in the field of biology, chemistry, computer science, information technology, mathematics, or physics at Armstrong Atlantic State University. The goals are as follows:
- To recruit talented and needy students to Armstrong Atlantic's quality undergraduate and graduate programs in biology, chemistry, computer science, information technology, mathematics, and physics.
- To provide full-tuition scholarships to these students so they can focus on their education.
- To mentor the students so they can graduate with either a Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics, a Bachelor of Science in Biology, a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, a Bachelor of Information Technology, a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, or a Master of Science in Computer Science degree.
- To help these students develop into leaders so that they can mentor other students from similar backgrounds and serve as role models to young people in the community and region.
- To work with local and state industries to help these students obtain high quality jobs.
- To help undergraduate students enter graduate school and then the high technology workforce.
- To collaborate with our recruitment office, career placement office, and registrar's office so that a successful model of the entire process we develop for this project can be applied to other disciplines at Armstrong Atlantic.