Engineering Main Menu
Admission Requirements for RETP (Regents Engineering Transfer Program)
Students interested in pursuing RETP will have to meet at least one of the Categories of Admission, expressed below. Note that requirements for transfer admission to Georgia Tech must be satisfied even if a student satisfies Category I or Category II admission to the program.
Category I Admission
Criteria for establishing Armstrong RETP Status as a New Freshman Student
- Be a resident of the state of Georgia.
- High school grade point average must be at least "B" (3.0 on a 4.0 point scale).
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) combined score must be a minimum of 1090 with at least 560 on the math portion of the SAT and at least 440 on the verbal portion of the SAT.
- College Preparatory Curriculum (CPC) requirements must have been satisfied.
Any student who is admitted or eligible for admission to an engineering program at Georgia Tech can enter Armstrong State University as a RETP student even if the above requirements are not satisfied.
Category II Admission
Criteria for establishing Armstrong RETP Status as a Sophomore Student. Students at Armstrong who do not qualify for RETP under Category I or transfer students from another institution can be admitted to the RETP program by:
- Completing 30 semester hours of college course work with at least a Regent's cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 out of 4.0 (3.0 out of 4.0 for non Georgia residents).
- Complete Calculus I and II (8 semester hours) with a minimum average of 3.0 out of 4.0 in these classes.
- Complete Chemistry I with lab (4 semester hours) with a minimum grade of "C".
- Complete Calculus-based Physics I with lab (4 semester hours) with a minimum grade of "C".
- Complete English Composition I and II (6 semester hours) with minimum grades of "C".
Transfer Admission Criteria for Georgia Tech for Junior RETP Students
All RETP students must transfer to Georgia Tech to finish their engineering degree after completing the Armstrong State University curriculum. Some students enter Armstrong as pre-engineering students, not meeting the Category I or Category II requirements, but are able to enter the Georgia Tech portion of the programs by meeting these requirements.
Georgia Tech Transfer Information
Upon completion of Armstrong RETP curriculum, students can be admitted to Georgia Tech as transfer students through RETP, as follows:
- Complete a minimum of 50 semester hours including all course work specified in the RETP curriculum for the student's chosen field of engineering with a Regents cumulative GPA of 3.0 (formerly 2.7) out of 4.0 (3.0 out of 4.0 for non-Georgia residents).
- Complete the mathematics sequence (18 semester hours) with a minimum average of 3.0 out of 4.0 for Georgia residents and a 3.0 out of 4.0 for non-residents.
- Complete all science courses for the major, including the Calculus-based Physics with labs (8 semester hours) and Chemistry (4 semester hours) with no lower than a grade of "C" in the course and with a minimum average of 3.0 out of 4.0 for Georgia residents and a 3.0 out of 4.0 for non-residents.
- Complete English composition I and II and all other course work with grades of "C" or better.
Submit a completed Georgia Tech application for undergraduate admission (Part I only) along with the RETP application form to the Armstrong engineering studies coordinator (the application fee is waived for RETP students). The Armstrong engineering studies coordinator will submit the completed transfer application packet to Georgia Tech. Have official transcripts from all schools attended except Armstrong sent directly to Georgia Tech (Armstrong transcript will be submitted with application packet). Request Armstrong registrar's office to submit an official transcript directly to Georgia Tech after the completion of all course work at Armstrong.