Applying to a university in the United States as an international student can seem overwhelming — but it does not have to be! Let our experienced staff guide you through the application process and make becoming an international student at Armstrong an enjoyable experience.
Start by reviewing the checklist below. Be sure to open and review all documents and instructions so that you don't miss anything important. After you have reviewed all of the requirements, write down any questions you may have. Then, email Jessica.Tuttle@armstrong.edu (please allow 24 - 48 hours for a reply).
Admission Checklist for International Students
Print and complete the International Admission Application - Undergraduate (PDF)
Submit $25 application fee
Submit all supporting documents
- Official High School transcripts
- Official GED scores (if applicable)
- Official transcripts of all universities or colleges attended
- Official evaluations of all foreign coursework
- Official SAT or ACT scores, and/or
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Confidential Declaration of Finances and supporting documents
- Copy of the biographical page(s) of your passport (photograph, name, date of birth, citizenship, and expiration date)
*Applicants who have foreign high school, college, or university coursework but who do not require an F1 student visa must submit official transcript evaluations from an approved evaluation agency. Armstrong works primarily with J. Silny or WES, but any of the companies listed at the NACES website are accepted.
Once Accepted to Armstrong
Log in to the Port of Armstrong to get started. The Port is your gateway to most of the technology resources you will need as a student at Armstrong.
- Find your Port ID and your Student ID (907#) using the Lookup ID link.
- Sign in with your Port ID. The first time you sign in, the password is your birthday — MMDDYY.
Don’t forget to change your password using the link in the top right menu.
Check your Armstrong email. Your Armstrong email account will be our official means of communicating important information to you.
Check to see if you have any Announcements. Announcements are tailored just for you, to help keep you informed about what you need to know or do at any particular time.
Check your financial aid status on the Student Accounts & Financial Aid tab in the Port of Armstrong.
Complete the immunization record waiver form .
- Email your academic advisor to schedule an appointment
For more information on selecting your courses, orientation, and registration; please contact the academic department of your major.