Office of Liberal Studies Main Menu
Bachelor of Liberal Studies
The Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) is a multi-disciplinary program that emphasizes breadth of learning in the arts and sciences. Working closely with an advisor, the student prepares an individual program of study.
Who majors in the BLS?
- Mature students who already possess significant work experience and who are seeking a bachelor's degree to advance themselves both personally and professionally
- Mature students with a range of academic interests who intend to pursue graduate work in fields that encourage multi-disciplinary undergraduate study
- Undergraduate students interested in creating a course of study tailored to their particular interests
- General Requirements (Core Areas A, B, C, D, and E)
- 18 hours in Area F (COMM 2280 is a required course)
- 18 hours of liberal studies courses (one or two from each of four defined fields)
15 credit hours at the 3000 level or above with a grade no lower than a C for the area of concentration.
All 15 credit hours must be from the same Armstrong major, minor or program of study
- 24-27 hours of electives
- 3 hours of Physical Education courses
Other Program Requirements
- Minimum of 39 hours at 3000 level or above
- Maximum of 27 hours in any discipline (excluding courses taken under General Requirements)
- No more than two Ds in the Liberal Studies section
- At least 9 of the 18 hours in the Liberal Studies section must be completed at Armstrong.