Criminal Justice, Social & Political Science
Criminal Justice, Social, & Political Science Main Menu
Cyber Affairs & Security Certificate
The Department of Criminal Justice, Social and Political Science develops highly qualified graduates with specialized skills in cyber affairs and security. The Graduate Certificate in Cyber Affairs & Security provides, within an interdisciplinary program, the tools, technologies and methodologies relevant for advanced study in cyber security, information assurance, computer forensics and Internet related investigations. The Cyber Affairs & Security Certificate is an online, nine-credit hour, stand-alone certificate program that awards Master’s Degree level academic credit in criminal justice. These accumulated credits in Cyber Affairs & Security may be applied to the Master of Science in Criminal Justice degree offered by the Department.
The Cyber Affairs & Security Certificate is geared toward Information Technology, Computer Science, and Criminal Justice professionals who are interested in advancing their expertise. This Certificate program is designed to prepare students for federal, state, and local government positions, as well as positions in private business and international organizations.
The Graduate Certificate in Cyber Affairs & Security is designed for three types of students:
- Those currently working in the Policing or Cyber Affairs and Security field who need or desire formal training in Cyber Affairs and Security, but not a Masters Degree.
- Those in related Masters Degree programs, whose value to employers would be raised by formal training in Cyber Affairs and Security.
- Those interested in graduate training in Cyber Affairs and Security but not yet certain whether or not they want a Masters Degree.
- The curriculum provides graduate level expertise in selected cyber affairs and security areas.
- The Graduate Certificate is 100% on-line and asynchronous, so you can schedule coursework and assignments around your job, family and other obligations. There is no requirement to be logged on at a particular day or time, nor is there any requirement to come to campus.
- By taking one course per semester (including one summer session) the Graduate Certificate in Cyber Affairs can be completed in one calendar year.