Men of Vision & Excellence Main Menu
Men Of Vision and Excellence (M.O.V.E.) is a multifaceted support program for African-American males entering Armstrong as first year, full-time, college freshman. The goal of M.O.V.E. is to enhance retention, progression, and graduation by creating a culture of academic support and success. M.O.V.E. is part of the University System of Georgia's African-American Male Initiative.
Why is it needed?
- Average first semester GPA: 2.2
- Average First Year GPA: 2.1
- Six year graduation rate: 17%
- Academic Workshops
- Access to tutors
- Study hall hours
- Empowerment Sessions
- Social Outings
- Athletic events
- Academic/ Social Conferences
- Networking/ out-of-the-classroom support
- Study hall hours will be available Monday-Thursday. Students are to attend regularly.
- Students will attend weekly meetings with their peer mentors.
- These meetings will keep the Mentors current with their student and also provide the student with an opportunity to seek any additional help, request resources or just to vent.
- Students will attend workshops, empowerment sessions, social outings and other related activities.