Radiologic Sciences Student AssociationAll students admitted to the department are members of the Student Association. This association provides services to the students such as radiation monitoring and represents the students at the department and university level.
Lambda Nu National Honor SocietyLambda Nu (LN) is a national honor society for the radiologic and imaging sciences. Its objectives are to:
- promote academic scholarship at the highest academic levels
- promote community service and awareness in the radiologic and imaging sciences
- recognize and encourage scholastic achievement and excellence
- Program course cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale after two full-time semesters (or equivalent) of a radiologic or imaging sciences program.
- Enrollment in a radiologic or imaging sciences program as a full-time student for at least one year.
Evidence of professional commitment beyond minimum requirements of the program, including, but not limited to:
- GPA higher than Chapter minimum
- actively promoting community service and awareness
active membership in a professional organization (i.e., ASRT), as evidenced by:
- holding office or committee appointments
- preparing for presentation of a professional paper or poster
- preparing for competition in a Student Bee or other academic competitions
Faculty and qualified alumni are eligible for Associate membership upon meeting one of the following criteria:
Actively teaching at Armstrong Atlantic State University in the Department of Radiologic Sciences (full-time, part-time, adjunct, or guest faculty)
- Graduate of the Armstrong Atlantic State University Radiologic Sciences Program and holding active membership upon graduation.