Childhood & Exceptional Student Education Menu
Admission - Special Education Transition Specialist Endorsement
Before applying for admission to the Special Education Transition Specialist Endorsement program, individuals should determine if they are eligible or can become eligible by examining the following minimum academic and test score requirements:
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution
Overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 OR
- 3.0 for the last 60 hours leading to the bachelor's degree
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score of at lest 1,000
- Miller Analogies Test score of 400*
- T-4 or higher certification in special education
The above are minimum academic, test score or professional requirements only. Read the entire application checklist to determine what documents must be included in your submission. If you have questions about these eligibility requirements, please contact the Graduate Admissions Coordinator in the College of Education.
*Note: Individuals who don’t meet the GPA requirement and don’t qualify for an exemption should take the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) for the following reasons: This test takes one hour, results are known at the end of the test, and the cost is $75 or less (which is reasonable for a nationwide standardized test).
MAT testing locations: The test is administered at colleges and testing organizations throughout the state. In some locations, the test is offered every day (Monday through Friday). You may be able to register as late as the day before you want to test. For example, in the following cities:
- Savannah: Call Troy University at 912-921-1164
- Brunswick: Call Troy University at 912-264-9268
- Statesboro: Call Georgia Southern University at 912-478-5415
Visit http://www.MillerAnalogies.com for free study guides and practice tests.