Childhood & Exceptional Student Education
Childhood and Exceptional Student Education Main Menu
Graduate Admissions Coordinator
University Hall 271
Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Reading Specialist Education
Before applying for admission to the Master of Education in Reading Specialist Education program, individuals should determine if they are eligible or can become eligible by examining the following minimum academic and professional requirements:
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- A minimum overall undergraduate grade point average of 3.00 OR in most recent degree.
- Documented T-4 certification or equivalent state issued clear, renewable teaching certificate in any field.
- One (1) completed and signed College of Education initial disposition assessment form;
- A letter of intent (following the College of Education’s approved format).
- A College of Education’s Employment Verification Form signed by the appropriate school representative or criminal background check as directed by the College of Education
The above are minimum academic, test score or professional requirements only. Read the entire application checklist to determine what documents must be included in your submission.
*Note: PSC-accepted accredited institutions are those that are accredited by accrediting organizations recognized by either the U.S. Department of Education or The Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).