Childhood & Exceptional Student Education Menu
Graduate Admissions Coordinator
University Hall 271
Master of Education (M. Ed.) in Reading Specialist Education
Before applying for admission to the Master of Education in Reading Specialist program, individuals should determine if they are eligible or can become eligible by examining the following minimum academic and professional requirements:
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution
GPA of 3.0 overall OR one of the following:
- 3.0 for the last 60 hours leading to the bachelor’s degree
- GRE score of at least 1,000
- Miller Analogies Test score of 400
- Evidence of T-4 certification or equivalent state-issued clear, renewable teaching or service certificate
- Must hold a Reading Endorsement or Reading Certification
The above are minimum academic, test score or professional requirements only. Read the entire application checklist to determine what documents must be included in your submission.
If you have questions about these eligibility requirements, please contact the Graduate Admissions Coordinator in the College of Education. Contact information is provided in the left panel of this page.