Childhood & Exceptional Student Education
Childhood and Exceptional Student Education Main Menu
Mr. Greg Dziuban
Graduate Admissions Coordinator
University Hall 271
Master of Education (M. Ed.) in Early Childhood Education
The Master of Education degree is designed for individuals who hold or are eligible for a clear, renewable teaching certificate in an approved field (such as Early Childhood Education) and wish to pursue advanced study in that field. The Master of Education in Early Childhood Education is designed to prepare a master teacher who can address the academic, social and emotional development of students in pre-school through grade five.
- analyze and demonstrate the learning process using advanced master degree program methods.
- synthesize learning process variables through demonstration and writing.
- research and explain differentiated instruction and the writing process.
- synthesize the reading process through the three Reading Endorsement courses.
- prepare educational leaders to improve schools and explain the learning process.
- demonstrate explicitly the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Five Core Propositions.
Courses & Requirements
Your program of study is 10 fully online courses totally 30 semester hours. Completing this program furthers your career by completing a Master of Education program that upgrades your teaching certificate to a higher pay level.