Username & Password FAQs
What is my Username?
Your username will be the first letter of your first name plus the first seven letters of your last name (eight characters total). Usernames are all lowercase with no spaces.
Example: Patricia Johnson's username is pjohnson
Example: Thadeus Seckinger's username is tsecking
Please note that some usernames have numbers (i.e., pjohnso1, pjohnso2...pjohns17) attached to the end of the username, as there are other students with the same first initial and last name. Notice that there are still only eight characters in the username even if there are numbers added to the username (1-3 letters are replaced with 1-3 numbers).
In addition, some students' usernames may be based on their maiden and/or married name, which is generated when you apply to Armstrong. Once your username has been created in Vista eClassroom, your username will not change even if you have turned in a "Change of Name" request to the Registrar's Office.
What is my password?
Your initial password will be the same as your S.H.I.P. pin number.
If you cannot login to Vista eClassroom with the username convention mentioned above, please go to https://cove.armstrong.edu/ and click "Look up your Cove, Vista or AASU ID". Fill in the fields requested and click Lookup ID. A page will appear that contains your Vista ID as well as your Student ID and Cove ID.
How do I change my password?
- click on My Settings at the top right hand side of the screen. The My Settings window will appear.
- Click the Change Password button located at the bottom of the screen. The Change Password window will appear.
- Enter your current password and then your new password.
- You will need to confirm your new password by retyping the password in the Confirm new password field.
- In My Settings, also check the email field to make sure your Pirates' Cove email address is in this area.
Helpful Hint: WebCT Vista passwords are case sensitive. For example, if your password is "TGIF," then typing "tgif" in the Password field will not work when attempting to log in to Vista.
Why do I need a secret question?
Entering a secret question and answer is not required; however, this will enable Vista eClassroom to reset your password and send you your login information should you forget your new password. To set up this feature, enter a question (i.e., In what city were you born?) in the Secret question field. Then enter the answer to the secret question in the Secret answer field. The answer that you provide in the Secret answer field will be used to reset your password and send you your new login information. New login information will be sent to your Armstrong Pirates' Cove email account. This information cannot be sent to outside personal email accounts such as hotmail and/or yahoo accounts.
What if I forget my password?
- click the Forgot Your Password? link located below the Username and Password fields.
- When prompted, enter your Pirates' Cove email address and click OK. (NOTE: this must be an Armstrong student or faculty email address... other email accounts will not work)
- When prompted, enter the answer to your secret question on the next screen and click OK.
- Your new login information will be sent to your Armstrong Pirates' Cove email account (this could take a few minutes).
- After logging into Vista eClassroom with your new password, make sure that you immediately reset your password.