Staff Advisory Council Main Menu
The Staff Advisory Council at Armstrong Atlantic State University represents staff employees by involving the staff in the decision making process of the university, thus promoting a positive and collaborative work environment. Our mission is to advance the exchange of information, provide a common voice for staff ideas and concerns, and maintain a communication link between staff members and university administration.
The Council does not serve as a substitute for the university's formal grievance procedure.
Responsibilities of the Council are as follows:
- Establish a sense of identity, recognition, and worth of each staff member in his/her relationship to the University
- Serve as a representative advisory council, identify concerns related to staff, and seek solutions
- Act as an advocate for the University staff by bringing their concerns to the attention of the appropriate body and following through to resolution
- Provide a channel for communication of interests, concerns, and issues that affect staff
- Identify and recommend the need for development and/or modification of University policies directly affecting staff members
- Suggest and promote activities that provide employees the opportunity to build informal relationships, thus aiding improved communication among staff and faculty members
- Integrate the staff into existing University affairs
- Create a stronger bond among the staff through promoting and supporting appropriate University initiatives