Recreation & Wellness
Recreation and Wellness Main Menu
Interested in working for the Department of Recreation and Wellness? We'd love to hear from you. Check out the jobs we are currently offering.
The job of a Recreation Assistant involves a wide range of tasks dealing with the Student Rec Center and programs. This job can require outdoor work for intramurals and special events. Recreation Assistants will have direct contact with other students and members of the facility, working approximately 10-15 hours a week. Therefore, Recreation Assistants must be highly knowledgeable of departmental policies, procedures, programs, sports and other events. As a Recreation Assistant, assertiveness and customer service are essential to the effectiveness of this position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Operate the Front Desk/Welcome Center
- Supervise Recreation Center participants and facility
- Monitor and assist participants in the Fitness Center
- Check out equipment
- Maintain safe and clean equipment, including the Fitness Center
- Execute emergency procedures including CPR/AED and First Aid
- Execute and enforce the facility's policy and procedures
- Assist with the delivery and marketing of Recreation and Wellness Events
- Assist with intramurals, special events and other programs
- Assist participants with all their recreational needs
To apply to be a Recreation Assistant, please go to the Student Jobs page at the Student Employment Center:
Fitness Instructors & Personal Trainers
To work as a Fitness instructor or Personal Trainer you need to either be certified or to have had plenty of experience and we will assist you in obtaining your certification through one of the National certifying agencies. Fitness Instructors will have flexibility with classes and use of equipment provided by the department. Please contact Megan Feasel at 912.344.3089 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Officials will be hired for various intramural sporting events throughout the school year. Those interested should have a large knowledge base of the specific rules and regulations regarding the sport. Experience playing or officiating the specific sport is required with application. Please contact the Department of Recreation & Wellness at email@example.com or call 912.344.3136 for more information.