Mission, Vision & Goals
Mission StatementThe mission is to foster, support, and promote excellence in teaching and learning in online and blended education; to enhance student engagement in courses and co-curricular activities; to encourage scholarship of innovative teaching and learning practices that meet the needs of today’s diverse learners; and facilitate university-wide engagement that supports access, student development and academic success.
VisionThe vision of the Office of Online & Blended Learning is to have Armstrong Atlantic State University nationally recognized for institution-wide commitment to academic excellence and completion rates for online and blended programs supported by innovative teaching, active learning, co-curricular engagement, and alumni.
GoalsThe Office of Online & Blended Learning seeks to:
- Support the online and blended education goals of Armstrong and the University System of Georgia;
- Provide increased access to today’s diverse student population seeking rigorous academic programs for career placement, advancement, transition, or advanced studies;
- Foster, support, and enhance innovative teaching and active learning in technology-enhanced, hybrid, partially online, and fully online courses;
- Support and promote teaching, scholarship, research, and ongoing professional development;
- Encourage and enhance student engagement from point of first contact through matriculation and graduation to alumni involvement;
- Foster, facilitate, and promote a university-wide commitment to academic excellence, faculty support, and student success; and
- Promote student learning and academic success in all program formats as central to Armstrong’s mission, vision, and core values.