Muslim Journeys Events
Film / Lecture—Persepolis with Yassaman Saadatmand, Ph.D.
Fri, September 6, 2013, 6 – 8 p.m.
Solms Hall - Room 108, Armstrong main campus at 11935 Abercorn Street.
Film / Lecture—Islamic Art: Mirror of the Invisible World with Deborah Jamieson, Ph.D.
Thurs, September 12, 2013, 5:30 – 8 p.m.
Live Oak Public Libraries Southwest Chatham Branch at 14097 Abercorn Street, near Savannah Mall's Target Store.
Lecture—Convivencia: Christian-Muslim Relations in Medieval Iberia with James Todesca, Phd.D.
Mon, September 16, 2013, 6 – 7 p.m.
First Presbyterian Church at 520 Washington Avenue.
In partnership with The Learning Center of Senior Citizens, Inc.
Book Talks—Let's Talk About It
All moderated by Dr. Yassaman Saadatmand, all held at Live Oak Public Libraries - Southwest Chatham Branch at 14097 Abercorn Street, near Savannah Mall's Target Store, 6 – 8 p.m.
- Tues, October 8, 2013—In The Country of Men by Hisham Matar
- Tues, November 12, 2013—Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
- Tues, December 10, 2013—House of Stone by Tony Shadid
- Tues, February 11, 2014—Broken Verses: A Novel by Kamila Shamsie
- Tues, March 11, 2014—Dreams of Trespass: Tales of a Harem Girlhood by Fatima Mernissi
Let’s Talk About It: Muslim Journeys, a reading and discussion series, has been made possible through a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities in cooperation with the American Library Association.