Armstrong Atlantic University Georgia


Housing & Residence Life


Moving-In F.A.Q.

Who is my resident assistant? 

 To view which resident assistant is in charge of your building please review our Resident Assistant Staff Directory.

Do I need Renter's Insurance?

The Office of Housing and Residence Life very strongly advises that each resident carry individual renter's insurance for his or her personal property in the event of fire, flood, theft, hurricane, tornado, overflowing tubs, broken pipes, water main breaks, etc.

You must understand that Armstrong, the Office of Housing and Residence Life, or Educational Properties, Inc. DOES NOT and CANNOT protect any personal belongings against burglary, vandalism, fire, smoke, and other perils.

You must also understand that by not having personal liability insurance, you may be liable to third parties and to Armstrong, the Office of Housing and Residence Life, or Educational Properties, Inc. for certain perils which are covered by renter's insurance.

You may be covered by your parents' homeowner's insurance. Check with your parents' homeowner's insurance company to see what is covered and additional information necessary for coverage.

What do I need to know about Hurricane Assistance?

Resident Hurricane Evacuation Information

Can I see my room or place items in it before I arrive on opening day?

The Office of Housing and Residence Life cannot allow you to view your specific room or place items prior to the designated move-in days.  However, we will make every effort to have a model room available for touring during Navigate Orientation, Pirate Preview Open House, and regularly scheduled campus tours. The only model room that Housing has available during campus tours is a Windward Commons private unit. 

When can I move-in to Housing? 

Please review  Housing and Residence Life's Important Dates and Deadlines for all move-in dates. 

Can I move-in early? 

Housing and Residence Life cannot allow early check-ins for any reason.  

What do I need to do if I need to move-in after business hours?

When you get onto campus, call your resident assistant on duty to arrange a meeting point to pick up your keys. You must be cleared fiancially before our resident assistants can give you keys. 

What do I need to bring during move-in?

Please review Housing and Residence Life's What to Bring and What Not to Bring for details. 

What are the dimensions of my room? 

Please review the Floor Plan option for your area. 

What is the size of my bed? 

Twin Extra Long

Do I need to have my Armstrong balance paid for before I move-in? 

Yes. You must have your Armstrong student account balance satisified before Housing and Residence Life can provide you keys. 

What does having an outstanding balance mean? 

Having an outstanding balance means that your Armstrong account is not paid. If your account has pending Financial Aid, you owe the difference of the total and the Financial Aid awarded. You are responsible for the difference between the two before Housing and Residence Life can provide you with keys. 

How do I know if Financial Aid will cover by balance? 

Please review the What You Owe feature and your Student Financial Award Letter on your student SHIP account. 

What do I need to do if I want to change my meal plan? 

Email us at with all meal plan change requests. Please note that  Housing and Residence Life can only change meal plans prior to the second week of classes per term. All request must be sent to Housing and Residence Life prior to the second week of classes. 

What is a Room Condition Report?

You must complete, sign and return a Room Condition Report at move-in to document any problems with the condition of the room when it is initially occupied. You will be held responsible for any damages to the room found upon move-out unless originally noted on the Room Condition Report; or a previously reported maintenance problem.

Rooms will be inspected again at move-out. You must be present for this inspection and to schedule this inspection before moving out. If the Room Condition Report form has not been completed and returned, the Office of Housing and Residence Life will assume that there were no problems with the room when you initially moved in.

The Office of Housing and Residence Life will maintain and repair the mechanical systems, plumbing systems, and appliances. Resident will be responsible for any costs that occur from misuse, abuse or neglect to the apartment or the premises.

What is my new mailing address? 

Your Name
Your Apartment Number
11935 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31419