Graduate Studies Main Menu
Graduate Assistantship Information
The Graduate Assistantship Program at Armstrong Atlantic State University provides professional growth and development for graduate students through supervised work experiences. The student earns a degree and contributes to the academic mission and applied research endeavors of the institution, while gaining valuable professional experience.
- Be accepted to a graduate degree program at AASU with either regular or provisional status.
- Maintain at least an overall 3.0 grade point average on all graduate work attempted.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours of graduate coursework leading toward your degree. Graduate assistants may not take more than 12 credit hours per semester.
- Make satisfactory progress toward a degree as defined by your academic department. After all degree requirements for the planned program of study are met, a student is no longer eligible to receive a graduate assistantship.
- Graduate Students enrolled in online graduate degree programs are not eligible for assistantships.
- Non-degree seeking or transient students are not eligible for assistantships.
Additional InformationApplying for a Graduate Assistantship
Employment Information for Graduate Assistants