Information Technology Services
Collaborate Required Software
Get the Required Software
Blackboard Collaborate requires Sun Microsystems Java to be installed on your computer.
Go to: www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
- When the File Download window appears
- CLICK Run
- Installation may take several minutes
- If you are unable to download please visit the First Time Users
Beginning your Session
When joining a Blackboard Collaborate Web-conferencing session for the first time you will see a Security Dialog. Blackboard Collaborate Web-conferencing is asking for you to run this application without a verification of its digital signature. Due to the dynamic abilities of this software Blackboard is unable to sign a certain application files.
- After installing the software, place a check in the "Always trust content from this publisher" box
- CLICK Run to complete installation