Bursar Main Menu
Automatic Payment Plans
An easier way to pay for college.
Paying for the rising costs of a college education is a concern for nearly every student and family. To help you meet your educational expenses, Armstrong State University is pleased to offer Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS) as a convenient budget plan. This is not a loan program. You have no debt, there are no interest or finance charges, and there is no credit check. Enrollment in this plan is easy and available online.
Spring 2015: Payment plan available Oct 27, 2014
Pre-payment plans are available for enrollment via the Port of Armstrong only. The enrollment process will be securely connected to your student account., so your plan will be for the exact amount due--no guessing or estimating! Start the enrollment process by logging into the Port and clicking on the Payment Plan link in the Student Services box on the Home tab.
- Lower enrollment fees for early sign-up, slightly higher fees for later sign-up
- Amounts over $5,500.00 cannot be financed using Nelnet; if your bill is larger than that, you must pay the difference directly to the University, or pay it along with your down payment when you sign up with Nelnet.
- This option can ONLY be used for upcoming terms. There are no payment plans for past-due balances.
- E-Cashier imports estimated Financial Aid amounts, including loans, Pell, and Hope--as long as the amounts are already authorized by the Financial Aid office.
- E-Cashier places a special flag on your student record, so we can identify plan enrollees.
- Your balances will not be reduced right away. Nelnet will pay the school in two payments later on in the term.
- Plans may be automatically increased or decreased at Armstrong's discretion and only on certain dates. Increases and decreases applied will be in compliance with NACHA rules for automatic drafts.
- Enrollment continues until just before the semester begins.
- Down payments returned for insufficient funds or other errors will terminate plan agreements. If down payments fail after the enrollment deadline, students will not be eligible to re-enroll in a plan and will be responsible to pay Armstrong directly for student account charges.
NOTE: All down payments are processed immediately!
|Last Day to Enroll Online||Required Down Payment||Number of Payments||Months of Payments|
|Nov 25 (enrollment fee: $50)||35%||4||Dec - March|
|Dec 23 (enrollment fee: $60)||50%||3||Jan - March|
|Jan 9 (enrollment fee: $70)||50%||2||Feb - March|
- Automatic Bank Payments (ACH)
- Credit Card/Debit Card
If you elect to use this payment method, your monthly payment, along with a convenience fee, will be automatically charged to the credit card you designate. The convenience fee is in addition to the enrollment fee.
Scheduled payments are processed on the 5th of the month and will continue until the balance is paid in full. Down payments and the enrollment fee are deducted immediately.
Steps to Enroll
- Go to the Port of Armstrong
- Choose the Payment Plans link from the Student Services menu
- View and verify account information in SHIP
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the E-Cashier link to begin the enrollment process.
Tips for Payment Plan Success
- Do not attempt to make a down payment directly to Armstrong--make plan payments directly to Nelnet Business Solutions
- If the Payment Plans link does not work the first time you click on it, go back and click on SHIP first. Then go back to the Home tab and try the payment plan link again.
- If you get an error that has numbers in it ( for example: 201402), you may not have the correct term selected in SHIP. Click on the SHIP link and select the current term. Then go back and click on the Payment Plans link again.
- If you still cannot get the link to work, you may need to reset your SHIP PIN. Call 912-344-2576 for a PIN reset, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Choose a payment method you can live with--you will not be able to make adjustments to another type of payment later.
- Even after you sign up for a payment plan, you may still receive balance notices from Armstrong at the beginning of the term. As long as your plan is the same as your balance due, you don't need to be concerned about payment deadline notices/reminders. If you're worried, you can always email the Bursar at email@example.com.