62+ Annual Luncheon
Present and past 62+ students, join us on April 24 at noon in the Armstrong Center for food, fellowship, and fun! To reserve your place, send in your check for $15 per person by April 17. Hope to see you there!
Summer 2013 62+ Registration
Our office will register 62+ students for the Summer 2013 semester . We must receive your completed 62 Plus Advisement Notice form (sent to current students) by Monday, May 6. Non-current students, please call us at 912.344.2935 to have an advisement form sent to you, or come to Victor 204 for one. Students who have been out for two full semesters (not counting summer) will need to re-apply to the university. Students who graduate from a degree program must also re-apply in order to take additional classes.
We must register your classes through our office in order for you to receive the tuition waiver. Do not register for these classes online or through another office unless it is your intention to pay for the courses yourself.
- View currently open Summer classes online. (Courses may not still be open when we can register 62+ students shortly before the semester begins.)
- If you are degree-seeking, you must meet with your departmental advisor to approve/sign your Advisement Notice.
- Complete all information on the 62 Plus Advisement Notice Form and sign and return it to our office by May 6. Please remember that all courses are offered to 62+ students on a space-available basis, and these courses may be closed by the date we are allowed to register you. To ask for prior overload permission in case the class you want is closed, you must contact the class professor or the department head and have him/her sign your advisement notice giving permission to override.
- Check your SHIP records to make sure any holds have been removed (Accounts Receivable and Proof of Lawful Presence).
- Make sure you have met the prerequisites for each course you wish to take. (Check the online or printed course catalog.)
- If you are a returning student (two or more semesters since your last enrollment), or if you were a new student and applied for the Spring semester but did not actually attend, you must complete a "Readmit Application" prior to registration. (Come by our office or the Admissions Office for one or call to have one mailed to you.)
- You must specify audit or credit on the Advisement Form before we register your classes. This status cannot be changed after the semester begins.
IMPORTANT: Your class schedule should be available online the weekend of May 18-19, 2013. You are responsible for logging into your SHIP account to view your classes and for notifying us should you notice any problem. The 62+ Office will call you only is there was a problem with your registration. Summer classes begin on May 20.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please call Barbara Baker at 912.344.2935 or email Barbara.Baker@armstrong.edu.