62 Plus Main Menu
Summer 2014 62+ Registration
Our office will register 62+ students for the Summer 2014 semester . We must receive your completed 62 Plus Advisement Notice form by Monday, May 12. Please contact us at Barbara.Baker@armstrong.edu or 912.344.2935 to have an advisement form sent to you, or come to Victor 207 for one. Students who have been out for three consecutive semesters will need to apply for readmission to the university. Students who have graduated from an Armstrong degree program must also re-apply in order to take additional classes.
We must register your classes through our office in order for you to receive the tuition waiver. Do not register for these classes online or through another office unless it is your intention to pay for the courses yourself.
- View currently open Summer classes online. (Courses may not still be open when we can register 62+ students shortly before the semester begins.)
- If you are degree-seeking, you must meet with your departmental advisor to approve/sign your Advisement Notice.
- Complete all information on the 62 Plus Advisement Notice Form and sign and return it to Victor Hall 207 by May 12. Please remember that all courses are offered to 62+ students on a space-available basis, and these courses may be closed by the date we are allowed to register you. To ask for prior overload permission in case the class you want is closed, you must contact the class professor or the department head and have him/her sign your advisement notice giving permission to override.
- Check your SHIP records to make sure any holds have been removed (Accounts Receivable and Proof of Lawful Presence). Some classes have lab or other fees for which the student is responsible.
- Make sure you have met the prerequisites for each course you wish to take. (Check the online or printed course catalog.)
- If you are a returning student (three consecutive semesters since your last enrollment), or if you were a new student and were notified of acceptance for the Spring semester but did not actually attend, you must complete a "Readmit Application" prior to registration. (Go to the Admissions Office for one or call to have one mailed to you.)
- You must specify audit or credit on the Advisement Form before we register your classes. This status cannot be changed after the semester begins.
IMPORTANT: Your class schedule should be available online the weekend of May 17, 2014. You are responsible for logging into your SHIP account to view your classes and for notifying us should you notice any problem. The 62+ Office will call you only is there was a problem with your registration. Summer classes begin on Monday, May 19.
Annual 62+ Luncheon
Mark your calendars now for Wednesday, April 2, for our yearly fun and fellowship at Noon in the Armstrong Center! The cost is $20 per person. This year's guest speaker will discuss computer resources on campus and how to make yourself more computer savvy. Invitations and reservation forms will be mailed to current students, but past students are also welcome to attend! Checks or money orders should be received in our office by March 26. Call us at 344-2935 for more information.
62+ Graduating Students
If you are a 62+ degree-seeking student and will soon be graduating, please let us know; we will mail you a special 62+ graduation commemoration certificate! Please note that after graduation you must reapply to Armstrong in order to take future classes.
Little Free Library
A shelf of free books, both fiction and nonfiction, is waiting for 62+ students in our office, Victor 207! We bring a selection of these to the Annual Luncheon each year, but feel free to come in and browse at any time.
We are in the process of forming our first 62+ Book Discussion Group, either at Armstrong in the day, maybe as a lunch-time gathering, or in student home rotations, or both! Contact us at 344-2935 if you are interested.
If you have any additional questions about any aspect of the 62+ program, please call Barbara Baker at 912.344.2935 or email Barbara.Baker@armstrong.edu.