Office of Admissions
First Year Menu
Freshman Admission Requirements
Test Score Requirements (ACT or SAT)
- SAT: 900 Combined (minumum 440 Critical Reading and 410 Math)
- ACT: 19 Composite (minumum 18 English and 18 Math)
High School GPA & Core Course Requirements
- 2.5 High School GPA (core course grade point average)
- 17 College Preparatory Courses (4 years of English, 4 years of Mathematics, 4 years of Science, 3 years of Social Studies, and 2 years of the same Foriegn Language).
See Required High School Curriculum for more information.
Freshman Index of 2006
In addition to meeting the above admission criteria, applicants graduating or who would have graduated from high school within the past five years must meet the requirements of the required high school curriculum (RHSC) of the Board of Regents.
- SAT Freshman Index: Combined SAT I scores + (High School Grade Point Average x 500)
- ACT Freshman Index: (High School Grade Point Average x 500) + (ACT Composite x 42) + 88
If you have attempted any college credits during high school, you will need to submit official college transcripts and meet our transfer admission GPA (must be in good academic standing with a 2.0 or higher GPA on transferable course work).
If you do not meet our admissions requirements, check out our provisional acceptance program, Summer Challenge. Visit our Summer Challenge page to learn more information.