Office of Admissions
Adult Learners Menu
Adult Learners: Admission Checklist
Note: If you are applying as an international student, please complete the application on the Admissions Checklist for International Students instead.
- $25 Application Fee
Official High School transcripts or GED
- Official transcripts (paper): Must be in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution. Transcripts received from the student that are not in a sealed envelope will not be accepted.
- Official transcripts (electronic): Must be received through secure transmission. A document or pdf that is emailed is not considered a secure method of transmission.
COMPASS placement exam
- COMPASS is a computerized placement test that measures skills in math, reading, and English. The information derived from the assessment will indicate areas where you are strong, academic areas where you may need help, and which courses might be a starting point for your academic success.
- The COMPASS placement exam is required for students who have not previously enrolled in English 1101 or Math 1111/1001.
- Nontraditional students may submit SAT/ACT test scores in place of the COMPASS if the scores are not older than 7 years.
All nontraditional applicants must meet the following minimum scores on the COMPASS test in order to be admitted:
- Reading 62
- Writing 32
- Math (Algebra) 20
- Please note that students will be denied if they place into more than two Learning Support Classes.