Checklist for Accepted Graduate Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to graduate school!
Log in to the Port of Armstrong to get started. The Port is your gateway to most of the technology resources you will need as a student at Armstrong.
- Find your Port ID and your Student ID (907#) using the Lookup ID link.
- Sign in with your Port ID. The first time you sign in, the password is your birthday — MMDDYY.
Don’t forget to change your password using the link in the top right menu.
Check your Armstrong email. Your Armstrong email account will be our official means of communicating important information to you.
Check to see if you have any Announcements. Announcements are tailored just for you, to help keep you informed about what you need to know or do at any particular time.
Apply for housing on the Register tab in the Port of Armstrong.
Check your financial aid status on the Student Accounts & Financial Aid tab in the Port of Armstrong.
Get your PirateCard
Advising is done by department faculty, contact your graduate coordinator to set up an appointment.
- If you are a Georgia resident, submit your Proof of Lawful Presence . (Only for students seeking in-state tuition classification)
After you're registered for classes:
- Continue to check financial aid
- Keep checking your Armstrong email account for information about starting graduate school.
- Look for your housing assignment and move in dates.
- Buy your books