Office of Admissions
Graduate Admissions Main Menu
International: Admission Requirements
Applicants must have completed or nearly completed the equivalent of a four-year U.S. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. Official transcripts with the degree posted are required prior to beginning of graduate classes.
Individual graduate programs have their own sets of requirements. Please visit the Program Requirements page for details. The academic department for your chosen program may also require an interview prior to academic admission. Please note: the graduate catalog is the final authority on requirements for your program of interest.
International students or students with transcripts from countries outside the U.S. have additional documents and/or transcript evaluations required. Plan to begin the application process at least nine months in advance of when you would like to begin your program. Your completed application packet, which includes both general admission requirements and individual program requirements, should be submitted to the Office of Admissions by the posted admission deadlines. Send your application packet, transcripts and scores to:
Office of Admissions
Armstrong State University
11935 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA 31419
912.344.2503, or 800.633.2349, Fax: 912.344.3417
Evaluation of International Course Work
All students that have undergraduate or graduate degrees or any courses or classes that have been completed in countries outside the United States, are required to have an outside evaluation agency do a transcript and degree evaluation of both the courses and/or degree. A course-by-course evaluation with a grade point average (GPA) calculation is required. See the Acceptable Evaluation Agencies page for a list of agencies you may use.
Test Score Requirements (TOEFL, IELTS):
Students whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Information regarding the TOEFL exam may be found at www.ets.org. Information regarding the IELTS exam may be found at www.ielts.org.
- TOEFL: 523 Paper, 193 Computer, 70 Internet
- IELTS: 6.5
Submit the Graduate Studies International Admissions Application . The following documents must accompany the application:
- International Data Sheet
- Copy of current passport
- Request for I-20 form
- Declaration of Financial Resources statement
- Submit one official transcript from all previous colleges or universities. Original transcripts are required even if the courses from one school appear on the transcript of another. Transcripts must be in a sealed envelope from each college or universitiy attended. NOTE: All students with undergraduate or graduate degrees granted in countries outside the United States are required to have an outside international credential evaluation done. See the Acceptable Evaluation Agencies page for a list of agencies you may use
- Submit supporting documents for the individual program to which you are applying. Application requirements vary by program. The processing of your application will not be completed until the Graduate Admissions Office receives all of the required documents for your program
- Submit your Immunization Records