Construction & Growth Menu
Transportation Enhancement Bicycle/Pedestrian Path, Phase I
This project iinvolved construction of a multi purpose concrete path along the western perimeter of the campus. The approximately one-mile-long path has new light poles along its entire length and provides spurs onto campus at Compass Point and Fine Arts. Additional components of the project included raised pedestrian crosswalks and a second entrance to the University Drive parking lot.
- Project Construction Budget: $470,000 approx.
- Completion Date: June 2011
- General Contractor: E & D Contracting Services, Inc.
- Project Architect: Cogdell & Mendrala Architects
- Project Funding Sources: GaDOT/Federal Transportation Enhancement Funds and Armstrong (60:40 split)