62 Plus Main Menu
Armstrong State University
11935 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31419
Adults 62 years or older who have been residents of Georgia for at least one year may attend college classes at no tuition cost on a space-available basis.
- Complete the process of admission into the university through the Armstrong Office of Admissions, 912-344-3615
- Complete the Undergraduate Application for Admission and submit the following: Certificate of Immunization (only Tetanus applies), $25.00 application fee, proof of age, identification, and proof of Georgia residency to the Office of Admissions, first floor of Victor Hall, Armstrong State University, 11935 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA 31419.
- You will be notified in writing by the Office of Admissions as soon as your admission process is completed.
Degree-Seeking 62+ Students ONLY
- Arrange to have an official high school transcript (or GED scores) sent to the Office of Admissions at Armstrong if you have no prior college work.
- If you have previously attended college, arrange to have official college transcripts sent to the Office of Admissions at Armstrong from each institution that you attended.
- Take the College Placement Exam (COMPASS Exam), the Admissions Office will inform you of the date, time, and location of the exam. This exam will determine if you need to take refresher courses in reading, English, and/or mathematics.
- After taking the COMPASS exam, contact the Office of Academic Orientation and Advisement at 912.344.2570 to schedule your advising appointment.
- If you previously attended Armstrong but have been away for 3 semesters or more, you must re-apply.
- Complete an advisement form and return the form to the registrar's office by the deadline.
- If you are auditing as a 62+ student, have official transcripts sent from the last college attended.
- COMPASS placement exam not required if you choose to audit your classes instead of taking them for credit.
- For registration questions, please visit or call the Office of the Registrar at 912.344.2576.
- You may sign up for any class provided you meet pre-requisites and the course is not closed.
- You must select AUDIT or CREDIT on the advisement form. This selection cannot be changed after the semester begins.
- 62+ students who wish to enter closed courses must get the signature of the class professor and the department head prior to registration.
- You do not have to pay tuition or student activities/athletic fees.
You do, however, have to pay
- Laboratory Fees
- Parking Fees
- Book Fees
- Special course fees
- Equipment fees