Office of Admissions
Admissions Main Menu
Freshman Admission Requirements
Test Score Requirements (ACT or SAT)
- SAT: 900 Combined (minimum 440 Critical Reading and 410 Math)
- ACT: 19 Composite (minimum 18 English and 18 Math)
High School GPA & Core Course Requirements
- 2.5 High School GPA (core course grade point average)
- 17 College Preparatory Courses (4 years of English, 4 years of Mathematics, 4 years of Science, 3 years of Social Studies, and 2 years of the same Foreign Language)
See Required High School Curriculum for more information.
Freshman Index of 2006
In addition to meeting the above admission criteria, applicants graduating or who would have graduated from high school within the past five years must meet the requirements of the required high school curriculum (RHSC) of the Board of Regents.
- SAT Freshman Index: Combined SAT I scores + (High School Grade Point Average x 500)
- ACT Freshman Index: (High School Grade Point Average x 500) + (ACT Composite x 42) + 88
If you do not meet our admissions requirements, check out our provisional acceptance program, Pirate Passage. Visit our Pirate Passage page for more information.
If you have attempted any college credits during high school, you will need to submit official college transcripts and meet our transfer admission GPA (must be in good academic standing with a 2.0 or higher GPA on transferable course work).
Nontraditional Students (23 years or older)
- COMPASS placement exam required if student has never enrolled in the equivalent of English 1101 or Math 1111/1001)
- Please visit our COMPASS Placement Exam page for more information
- Please contact the Office of Admissions at 912.344.2503 for more information and to sign up to take the COMPASS placement exam